Dear Parents & Guardians,
Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying this wonderful spell of good weather. Through your hard work and willingness to support remote learning in our Virtual school, we have had a fantastic level of engagement. Our priority has been and continues to be the Wellbeing of your child and ensuring that we encourage each and every one of our Pupils to fully engage in the online space. The Special classes are open, and the Pupils are settling back in well. The importance of school for the overall Health and Wellbeing of children cannot be overstated as we begin our preparation for a full return to school on the 15th of March.
Our School is at the heart of the community, it plays a fundamental role in the social lives and Wellbeing of our Pupils. Our priority is to ensure a safe return to school for all our Pupils, their families and School Staff. We are asking for your full support with the COVID Response Protocols as per Term 1, with some new additional Protocols.
This week the Staff are planning and preparing for the full re-opening on Monday the 15th of March.
Week Monday 8th March – Friday 12th March:
- Monday 8th In-School Management meeting @8:15am.
- Monday 8th Staff meeting @2pm.
- Thursday 11th Team Planning meetings @1-3pm.
- Friday 12th: School will go offline at 10:30am to facilitate the Staff Training in preparation for Monday the 15th of March. Staff CPD (Professional Development) @10:45am with the PDST (Professional Development Service for Teachers) with Kate O Neill.
Week Monday 15th –Friday 19th March:
Monday 15th: Full day for Special classes as normal.
- Monday 15th: Full day for 3rd & 5th classes. (Assemblies with School Management Team & Teachers)
- Monday 15th: Remote Learning for 4th & 6th classes. (Live check ‘n connects)
- Tuesday 16th: Full day for 3rd – 6th classes & Special classes (Assemblies with School Management for 4th & 6th classes.
- Wednesday 17th: St Patrick’s Day
- Thursday 18th & Friday 19th: Full School as normal
The emphasis will be on prioritising a safe return for the Pupils and facilitating the re connection with their peers. We will be prepared to meet and greet the Pupils and put them at ease with lots of fun learning and the use of outdoor education weather permitting.
There will be a comprehensive Communication during the week with information in regard to the full re-opening of the School on Monday the 15th of March 2021.
Scoil an Spioraid Naoimh
Roll Number: 20017F
041 – 9828091